Comment on page
Reinstein, FB ads tied to fundraisers.
Note: this information is subject to change; updated ~ Apr. 2022
My costs have been:\
- about $0.01 per impression
- about $0.50 - $1.20 per click
Targeting at Universities ... Facebook's estimates
The estimated cost per impression (?‘reach’) and per click varies with the targeted audience. In general, narrower is estimated to be more costly. I think this is about ‘a larger audience allows FB to serve the ads to a larger number of people who tend to be click-happy’ Some data points:
- For Oxford, ‘In College’, living in the UK: They claim we will get 4-18 clicks per day for $50 per day over 2 days (29 Mar 2022 check on FB ads manager)
- If I put in Birmingham instead I get a fairly similar figure.
- If I remove the only-one-university narrowing, it gets cheaper. They claim I’ll be able to get 86-250 clicks per day for the same cost …
EA groups (employees) within Meta
If you run a lot of ads FB will assign you external consultant helpers. They are somewhat helpful, but they don't seem to know everything.
28 Nov 2022, Zoroob:
Meta has just released a recorded series of videos (Meta’s Nonprofit Advertising Education Series) to help non-profit organizations meet their year-end fundraising goals. Some of these materials may also be helpful for researchers using Meta ads (e.g., materials on designing effective ad creatives), so I am passing the info along. Blurb below.
The three-part series of virtual webinars provides nonprofits with advertising training and best practices around how to use Meta technologies to further their missions: