Comment on page
Benefits of Dynamic Documents
'Dynamic Documents' are projects or papers that are developed using prominent tools such as R-markdown or JuPyTer notebooks (the two most prominent tools).
The salient features and benefits of this approach include:
- Integrated data analysis and reporting means the data analysis (as well as math/simulations) is done and reported in the same space that the results and discussion are presented. This is made possible through the concealment of 'code blocks'.
- Transparent reporting means you can track exactly what is being reported and how it was constructed:
- Other advantages of these formats (over PDFs for example) include:
- Convenient ‘folding blocks’
- Margin comments
- Hoverable notes and links
- Integrating interactive tools
Some quick examples from my own work in progress (but other people have done it much better)